Wednesday, July 14, 2010

“HOW TO PRAY FOR THE FALLEN”

Ga 6:1-2 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

How do you pray for those who have presently given up? What specific needs of restoration do they have? What is the primary pathway to complete spiritual recovery?

The use of the word restoration is synonymous with the words “FULL STRENGTH AND FUNCTION.” The problem is the inability to function. Those who have been drained of life and power are like ink pens that have run out of ink. They must be refilled and rejuvenated in order to return to their normal called function and purpose. The one thing we can do for them is to honestly pray for them and to pray very specific for their needs. Pray for their:


I. MENTAL RESTORATION (Focused, Renewed, Refreshed & Revived thinking from God’s perspective)

1 Chronicles 28:9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

II. EMOTIONAL RESTORATION (overcoming the broken and wounded heart)

1 Samuel 30:4 Then David and the people that [were] with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

1 Peter 1:6-8 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

III. UNDERSTANDING RESTORATION (Gaining insight as to why it has happen and what I can do about it and what God is doing about it)

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

IV. HUNGER RESTORATION (A renewed desire for God himself and service to him)

Psalms 42:1-5 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where [is] thy God? When I remember these [things], I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and [why] art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him [for] the help of his countenance.

V. SPIRITUALITY RESTORATION (The disciplines of the spiritual man and the regained sense of full usefulness to God, the church, and the kingdom)

1 Timothy 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself [rather] unto godliness.

Psalms 28:8 The LORD [is] their strength, and he [is] the saving strength of his anointed.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

VI. JOY RESTORATION (Acceptance that God will and wants to use me again)

Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for [this] day [is] holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

VII. VISION RESTORATION (The new spiritual direction is God leading me in now)

Proverbs 29:18 Where [there is] no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy [is] he.

1 Samuel 3:11 And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.

Joshua 3:4 Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure: come not near unto it, that ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed [this] way heretofore.

VIII. PASSION RESTORATION (A sincere desire to find, follow and fulfill God’s personal calling)

Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

IX. COMMITMENT RESTORATION (Taking the initial steps of faith in God’s new direction)

Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

X. MINISTRY RESTORATION (Actually doing what I’m now supposed to do)

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

2 Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

2 Timothy 4:11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.

The prayer power has never been tried to its full capacity. If we want to see mighty wonders of divine power and grace wrought in the place of weakness, failure and disappointment, let us answer God’s standing challenge (Jeremiah 33:3) , ‘Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not! (J. Hudson Taylor)

Ps 142:4 I looked on [my] right hand, and beheld, but [there was] no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.

One final thought: You are not God and you cannot fix all the problems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.