Sunday, July 19, 2009

Where's The Passion?

One of the greatest complimants I have ever been given was a young lady who once said after I had just finished preaching God's Word, "Preacher, I don't believe what you believe but I do believe you believe it."

My observation over the past year or so has been the lack of passion (possibly the Anointing) from those who share God's Word. Maybe it's a spirit of intimidation or the presentation of the "talk" that so many are gravitating toward. I don't see a lack of passion in sports do you? Yet, we are dealing with the eternal destiny of human beings and presenting the eternal Divine Library of truth. God raise us up some passionate PREACHERS today! Men preach it like you believe it!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! Cause guess what? If you don't the people won't either. I AM SO BURDENED BECAUSE SO MANY OF MY PROFESSING FRIENDS just don't LIVE IT OUT and I wonder if one reason is because there is NO PASSION in the pulpit! I have to say that my road is getting more and more narrow and my companions few because I have the audacity to actually desire to live out the life God called me to. (I often wonder if they even KNOW WHAT THEY WERE SAVED FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE) I don't live it perfectly, but I certainly desire to! Good word Pastor Deese!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.